Pend Oreille County EDC provides a variety of programs and services to support local communities, businesses and other organizations in Pend Oreille County.
- Rural Opportunities Loan Fund program provides term debt financing for start-up and existing businesses in the three counties.
- Associated Development Organization – Pend Oreille County designated the EDC as the agency responsible for implementing the Associated Development program through the Washington Department of Commerce. Primary responsibilities include business recruitment, expansion and retention, and assisting startup-up businesses.
- Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy is an ongoing effort in the region brings the public and private sectors together to create an economic roadmap to diversify and strengthen regional economies.
- Northeast Washington Regional Transportation Planning Organization (NEW RTPO) is responsible for long-range multi-modal transportation planning for the three counties in partnership with Tri County Economic Development District.
- Workforce Development Programs- KCTC
- Certifications including HUB Zone, Women Owned, Veteran Owned, Minority Owned
How can I get involved?
Contact us directly to share your interest in getting involved with the Pend Oreille County EDC
How can I stay connected?
Visit our website for updated news or email email@example.com to request specific information.
How is the EDC governed?
The EDC is governed by a Board of Directors with representation from municipal and county governments, public utility districts, the port district and the tribes. In addition, the Board of Directors includes representation from a number of other organizations with an economic development interest and representatives from the business community.
How many staff work for the EDC?
The EDC currently employs 1 full-time person
What other services are available?
Data- In partnership with Eastern Washington University the District has a new data tool – the Northeast Washington Trends Website.
- The EDC is available to make presentations to community groups interested in economic development, learning more about the District activities, or other topics of special interest.
- The EDC is available to facilitate economic and community development efforts in the communities we serve.
Where is the EDC office located and how do I contact them?
Newport Office: 301 W. Spruce St PO Box 1616 Newport, Washington 99156 Phone: 509.447.5569 or Mobile: 509-671-5186